50 Book Reviews

Sunday 21 August 2016

Rocking My World Friday..on Sunday..double issue

Lots of gratefuls this time as I have two weeks to report on.

My first is family...it was lovely to see my brother and SIL plus my nephew and his three children last weekend.
I hadn't seen the youngest since he was a baby.. he's now four and is my brother's mini me.

We had some lovely meals out, so I didn't have to cook, and the children had  fun in the games room playing table football....as well as visiting the fun fair and walking the dogs in the park...thank goodness for nice weather.

I had planned for Wolfie to stay with friends as we didn't know how he'd react to children....in the end there was no need as he was re-homed!!! He's now with a family in Preston.....and I'm working on the "no news is good news" principle.
It also meant I actually got to watch some of the Olympics over the weekend.

The house seems very quiet.....beautifully so...the kittens are now allowed the run of the house (you'd think they were elephants from the noise they make on the stairs..lol) and Princess Peanut is adjusting to being the only dog here.

Next are friends who drop in for coffee and a chat..such a change from where I used to live....and, even better, friends who drop in and suggest a walk...Peanut appreciated this as she got to see the ducks in the park.

Quiz night is next....it was our monthly visit to The Imperial, newly renovated and all of three mins walk from my house.
There were 11 of us so we split into two teams....I was in the team of five...raised some eyebrows when I knew the name of the dog in Family Guy (it's Brian in case you were wondering).
We tied for first place with 84 points....that means a tie-breaker and I was chosen to answer it....I actually got it right...just don't ask me how I knew it....the question was.."In what year was the first Little Chef restaurant built in the UK?" 1959 is the answer...
I think I must have heard this in a pub quiz down south and the answer stuck..

Unexpected mail is wonderful! 
I received this book from Kristina (Nick's girlfriend)...they had some copies in their office to give away and I was the first person she thought of.....

Nick was in London this weekend visiting her......


And finally....the joy of crafting....more art journalling and another canvas...







I was playing with new stamps from Woodware and Viva Las Vegas Stamps.

I'm off to link up with Virginia now. Hope you've all had a good week. xx

4 comments:

  1. Ah the family weekend sounds awesome, so glad Wolfie has now been rehomed and that you have some piece and quiet! Loving the art journalling and well done on the quiz answer! Friends dropping in sounds like bliss, you really seem to have settled where you are Susie which is fantastic!

    Have a great week ahead

    Much love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's a whole catalogue of wonderful things. Happy mail (I had to Google Duncan Edwards...), beautiful art journaling and old friends dropping in. Also great that Wolfie got rehomed.
    Congratulaations on winning the pub quiz. I quite like quizzes but my hubby hates that sort of thing, so I never get to do any quizzes, consequently I'm not so good, but it's fun.
    Have another great week,
    Thanks for your comment,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are always the team with the least points whenever we do a quiz ^_^ I would've known the Family Guy one but not the Little Chef!

    The canvasses are all gorgeous but especially the blue birdy one ;)

    I can imagine the kittens are causing havoc! How do such tiny things put so much noise into their running around. They are supposed to be stealthy and, well, cat-like! I remember Mindy (I miss her) was just the same.

    Loving these posts again. Pinky promise we'll keep them up x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous art as always and i loved my canvas btw (thank you ) x
    Great blog post Susan, I have a new blog for doing similar things in, apart from my Dezinaworld one. Its called 57 Beyond. I need to get it going and get some followers lol. Will work on it more soon. Have a fab weekend my friend. Hugs June x

    ReplyDelete